Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Grants for Daycare - Grant Recipient - An Excerpt



Here is an excerpt from a woman who got a grant to help pay for some of her costs:

"I spoke with my financial aid counselor at the college and she told me about the “child care grant that is available through the school. I filled out the application for that with my childcare provider and received that grant at the beginning of October.

Unfortunately student aid and grants for childcare don't get into your account until after the semester starts, so I had to pay for books with a credit card and the first month of childcare out of pocket.

Because I wasn't sure if I'd get the childcare grant, I also applied for a student loan. I had to study a tutorial about the different types of student loans and take a quiz before I was able to apply for the loan. It was helpful because I learned which loans allow for payments to be deferred and which loans have interest that has to be payed on the loan. I also learned that I could pay the loan back right away without any penalty, which I planned to do if I received the childcare grant.

So, the process all-in-all is time consuming, and you have to be patient. You have to check in with your college and make sure that they have received your applications.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a moderated blog!